Another short notice one. Windsor California is having a flavor ban hearing tomorrow, February the 21st at 6 PM at the Civic Center Council Chambers, 9291 Old Redwood Hwy, Building 400, Windsor, CA 95492.
- No tobacco retailer shall sell a tobacco product containing, as a constituent or additive, an artificial or natural flavor (other than tobacco or menthol)…unless (1) the tobacco product consists of a package of cigars containing at least five (5) cigars or little cigars, or (2) a single cigar for which the retail price exceeds five dollars ($5.00), or (3) the tobacco product consists of pipe tobacco, or (4) the package of chewing tobacco or snuff contains at least five (5) units.
- Requires tobacco product prices to be displayed “conspicuously”
- Prohibition on self-service displays in all tobacco retail locations
- Cap on the number of retail tobacco permits (16 current locations as specified)
- No tobacco retailing within 1,000 feet of a school current locations grandfathered)
- Density requirements TBD
- Transfer restrictions on a retailer’s tobacco license
- Enforcement date—August 1, 2018